Friday, May 17, 2013


There are about a million things I owe to my parents. One thing that may seem trivial but in my opinion is anything but, is the love of music they instilled in me.
I am thankful that I was exposed to the music they loved. I came to love it, too. Their music was an eclectic mix, much as mine is today.
They listened to classical, bluegrass, blues, 70s rock. Oakridge Boys, Steve Miller Band, The Eagles, Tchaikovsky, Billy Joel, Itzhak Perlman, Santana, Elton John, The Band, Three Dog Night, Joe Walsh.
Even now, we go to concerts together -- Joe Bonamassa, Tedeschi Trucks Band ...
We had music on much of the time when I was young. I think it's the reason I love music so much, and why I play it whenever possible, whether at home, at work, in the car ...
I never need to watch another minute of TV again. I just need my music and I am one happy girl.
My mom and dad rock, literally and figuratively.

No comments: